Sleep Awareness Week happens yearly and is the brainchild of the National Sleep Foundation. This year’s theme is BEGIN WITH SLEEP.
This theme is something that resonates strongly with us here at Essentia, as you know we always say the foundation to a healthier you is sleep. The National Sleep Foundation’s goal is to highlight the importance of sleep to achieve personal, family and professional goals.
The Essentia Sleep Difference
Reaching our full potential means living out the dreams of our waking hours not just enjoying those we encounter when we are asleep. Sleep is the source from which we replenish, not a state in which we seek to live. Like water, food, and shelter, it’s an essential part of our human experience and existence. It is a third of our lives that – when best invested – has tremendous impacts on our mental and physical health, productivity, relationships and beyond. Its effects ripple throughout the many layers of our entire lives, which are deeply enriched by the surface on which we choose to sleep.
Essentia understands this and has created the world’s healthiest and most durable memory foam mattresses. They awaken sleepers to how a truly restful night’s sleep can empower them to make the most of their days. As the world’s only natural memory foam company, our mattresses are free of harmful toxins, allergens, and off-gases found in synthetic mattresses – so that you can reap the full health benefits of sleep, without harming yourself or the environment.
Essentia was founded on this mission of ensuring people achieve their best rest possible, wishing you a good night… for a better day.
SLEEP AWARENESS WEEK 2019
We’ve never been shy about sharing with you the reasons sleep is so important for overall wellness. We’ve gone through lots of sleep tips, conversations with pro athletes like NHL star Max Pacioretty about concussions, and the importance of sleep and recovery from Andy O’Brien the Director of Sport Science & Performance for the Pittsburgh Penguins. When you start to put all this information together you realize that sleep is really the easiest thing you can do to improve your health and wellness.
What can be the hard piece of the puzzle is creating your perfect sleep environment, the foundation of which should be your mattress. Essentia prides itself on the technology and innovation that goes into every one of our mattresses, whether you go with a Lifestyle, Performance or Wholebody Recovery mattress you will be experiencing the key elements needed for proper sleep.
In fact, Essentia natural memory foam mattresses are the only mattress on the market where you will find all 6 key elements needed for whole body recovery. These elements include:
- CLEAN AIR ENVIRONMENT: Essentia’s natural and organic components reduce VOC exposure so your body can spend less time fighting outside elements and more time healing.
- ALLERGY FRIENDLY: Essentia mattresses are impervious to dust mites as reported by Dr. Robert G. Hamilton of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Essentia mattresses pull heat away from your body and out of the mattress, allowing you to sleep on average 7 degrees cooler than your body temperature which helps your body switch into recovery mode.
- OPTIMIZED SLEEP: Essentia mattresses react quickly to your natural movements, reducing sleep interruptions and getting you into REM sleep that allows the body to fully enter recovery mode.
- WHOLEBODY COMFORT: Essentia mattresses increase your blood circulation at night to eliminate numbness and soreness. This translated to faster recovery so you can get back to enjoying life.
- PROPER POSTURE: Essentia mattresses eliminate negative space to relieve stress on the lumbar region.
If you have never considered a natural mattress or organic mattress this is the best time to jump into some research. Are you currently on a spring mattress? Learn the difference between a spring and natural memory foam mattress. Already switched to latex? Learn the difference between natural memory foam and latex.