Summer is officially here and with it, the sweltering summer heat!
Did you know it can actually be harder to sleep during the summer months? The heat and extra daylight can mess with your body’s circadian rhythm. Meaning you can have trouble falling asleep if you’re too hot and wake up too early which all that extra sunlight streaming into your room. In fact, heat affects your sleep way more than you may realize. Having a mattress that sleeps cooler than others will help you get a good nights sleep.
Basically, your body regulates its own temperature as it has its own heat distribution system. So the simple act of lying down will trigger your body to redistribute heat and in doing so will begin to lower your internal temperature. This internal temperature drop then triggers the feeling of being sleepy. You’ve probably read a lot about keeping your room cool between 65 and 72 degrees at night, and that’s because scientists believe that a cooler room can help trigger this internal temperature drop and speed up your sleep cycle.
Given this logic, sleeping in a super cool room should mean that you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, but what if you’re sleeping on a surface that traps heat? Yep, while it is one of the best surfaces for your body, traditional memory foam is the biggest culprit of trapping you body heat leading to sweaty nights no matter how low the thermostat is set. This obviously goes against the logic of cool body, sleep soundly.
That’s why we’re so happy to report that Essentia’s patented natural memory foam mattresses can help you combat the night sweats for those hot sleepers and get a great night sleep plus so much more!
Essentia mattresses have been tested to actually sleep an average of up to seven degrees cooler than your body temperature at night, as demonstrated in the graph. That’s right, instead of having a cooling mattress topper, you can have a cool mattress to regulate your body temperature and combat night sweats. How does this happen? Essentia’s patented natural memory high-density foam actually wicks heat away from the body and allows it to dissipate through the mattress. The air flow through the mattress helps this happen so you won’t be sweating as you sleep, and your body is able to self-regulate its internal temperature without battling a hot box.
Moreover, Dr. Jace Provo MD, MS, CASQM has tested the Essentia mattress in his evaluation of sleep pattern relationship with circadian rhythm and found that:
“The Essentia mattress core provides an effective solution to minimize the impact of temperature affected sleep deprivation. Evidence suggests that a reduction in surface temperature could prevent fluctuations in skin temperature and maximize the total time spent on sleep.”
In fact, Essentia natural memory foam mattresses are the only mattress on the market where you will find all 6 key elements needed for whole body recovery. These elements include:
- CLEAN AIR ENVIRONMENT: Essentia’s natural and organic components reduce VOC exposure so your body can spend less time fighting outside elements and more time healing.
- ALLERGY FRIENDLY: Essentia mattresses are impervious to dust mites as reported by Dr. Robert G. Hamilton of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Essentia mattresses pull heat away from your body and out of the mattress, allowing you to sleep on average 7 degrees cooler than your body temperature which helps your body switch into recovery mode.
- OPTIMIZED SLEEP: Essentia mattresses react quickly to your natural movements, reducing sleep interruptions and getting you into REM sleep that allows the body to fully enter recovery mode.
- WHOLEBODY COMFORT: Essentia mattresses increase your blood circulation at night to eliminate numbness and soreness. This translated to faster recovery so you can get back to enjoying life.
- PROPER POSTURE: Essentia mattresses eliminate negative space to relive stress on the lumbar region.
This means that sleeping on an Essentia can help your comfort every night and not just during the summer. Especially if you suffer from insomnia or tossing and turning due to heat at night without any pharmaceutical aids!
So beat the heat and sleep like a baby this summer on an Essentia natural memory foam mattress!